[Mac-BR] Jobs assume problemas de saúde

Jack M. Sickermann jack_sickermann em mac.com
Segunda Janeiro 5 10:04:32 PST 2009

Ainda não tive tempo de traduzir.

Jack

  BBC NEWS
Apple's Jobs admits poor health

Apple chief executive Steve Jobs is being treated for a "hormone
imbalance" but is staying on as the firm's head.

In a statement, Mr Jobs said he had been suffering from ill health for
a number of months and had been losing weight throughout 2008.

"Doctors think they have found the cause: a hormone imbalance that has
been robbing me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy," said Mr
Jobs.

Apple's board said it was giving him "complete and unwavering support".

Mr Jobs, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2004, has
appeared increasingly gaunt at public appearances, sparking rumours
about his health.

Speculation has intensified since December, after Apple said Mr Jobs
would not be making his annual keynote address at the Macworld
conference in San Francisco.

In the statement, Mr Jobs said that doctors did not expect him to
return to his normal weight until later this year.

"The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and
straightforward, and I've already begun the treatment.

"But, just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week
or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this spring
to regain it," he said.

"I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery."

In a written statement, Apple's board of directors said they were
"lucky" to have Mr Jobs as its leader.

"As we have said before, if there ever comes a day when Steve wants to
retire or for other reasons cannot continue to fulfill his duties as
Apple's CEO, you will know it.

"He [Jobs] deserves our complete and unwavering support during his
recuperation. He most certainly has that from Apple and its board."

Mr Jobs co-founded Apple in 1976, but left in 1985 to start another
computer venture. He returned to Apple in 1997 and became full-time
chief executive once again in 2000.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/technology/7811857.stm

Published: 2009/01/05 15:24:20 GMT