[Mac-BR] qmasterd [???]

Fernando Araujo Leiria faleiria em terra.com.br
Domingo Maio 3 18:19:18 PDT 2009

Leiria
faleiria em terra.com.br

The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > UNIX - General > What is
qmasterd
PDA

View Full Version : What is qmasterd
dferrell
03-12-2005, 12:01 AM
I have the Apple Production Suite installed and there is a start-up
daemon called <qmasterd>. With very very little results from google
and even less from Apple's website I have - I think - a basic
understanding that this process has something to do with multiple
nodes/computers being able to simultaneously render effects and video?

Please correct me if I am mistaken about this - and is there anyone
here that can provide me with some links or more information about
<qmasterd>?

Currently I have it removed and not resident and the Production Suite
apps all seem to work properly.

Thanks
asboy
03-13-2005, 01:08 AM
One of the things qmasterd does is encode movie files that are batched
by Compressor (which comes with DVD Studio Pro and Final Cut); without
qmasterd, Compressor won't function. I think it performs other such
background functions for other Apple programs.

There's no reason to remove it, unless it is taking up unwarranted CPU
time for some reason, in which case you may want to file a bug report
with Apple. However, it probably won't hurt if you do remove it, but
someday something will go wrong and you'll never even remember the
program you removed 6 months previously.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.On