[Mac-BR] Fwd: bateria macbook pro

Fargas fargas em viralata.com.br
Terça Abril 27 17:15:06 PDT 2010

Eu sei que a pergunta nao e' exatamente sobre isso, mas achei legal falar da minha experiencia com bateria de macbook.
- - -
Quando comprei o meu, dois anos atras, levei um susto quando vi que a bateria durava muito pouco.
O conselho inicial que tive na epoca, de um tecnico de Mac, era esgotar a bateria toda antes de dar outra carga.
E nao usar o macbook plugado na energia nunca.
Mas depois, pesquisando no forum do site da Apple descobri que nao era nada disso.
A gente pode trabalhar plugado, sempre que possivel, e deve fazer a calibragem a cada dois meses.
Faz dois anos que tenho meu macbook e a bateria esta' apenas no seu 41º ciclo. Em otimo estado.
Se tivesse feito o que o tecnico me disse quando comprei a maquina, provavelmente ja' teria trocado de bateria umas duas vezes, ja' que a vida util e' de cerca de 300 ciclos.
- - -
Para quem quiser saber mais estou reproduzindo a seguir a conversa que tive no forum, e a maneira de calibrar a bateria, retirada dio site da Apple.
(me desculpem se isso for muito obvio para esta lista):
- - -
Hy all...
I've bought my first notebook (a Macbook 2.2) and I'm not sure about the best way to use the battery, in order to optimize your life time
I have entered in several forums (besides of own Apple) but I didn't find an exact answer for this subject.
I heard people saying that they uses the macbook without battery, just linked in the energy. They said they only use the battery when they are in transit.
Others say that it uses the battery in the notebook the whole time, but with the charger connected and that they drains the battery once a week.
Another one said that he makes the same previous procedure, but he drains the battery once a month.
A friend of mine guarantees that the correct way is to use the battery every time till to drain out, and to give the complete recharge every time.
A detail: I usually work in a G5 it desk top in my office, and I'm using the Macbook more home, fixed.
And I take him with me when I am going to a customer, to present some work, or in the University where I study.
I want to say that, I use him more indoor instead outdoor.
Finally, would anybody know better, how can I use my Macbook, in way to prolong the useful life of the battery?
Thanks in advance
MacBook 2.2   Mac OS X (10.5)   2.5 Gb memory
- - - - - -
ANSWER FROM MAGUS
Fargas wrote:
I heard people saying that they uses the macbook without battery, just linked in the energy. They said they only use the battery when they are in transit.
Not a good idea. See this. Apple MacBook and MacBook Pro: Reduces processor speed when battery is removed while operating from an A/C adaptor
Others say that it uses the battery in the notebook the whole time, but with the charger connected and that they drains the battery once a week.
Not necessary to do this once a week. When you calibrate your battery will be fine. See my list below.
Another one said that he makes the same previous procedure, but he drains the battery once a month.
Good way but best to do a calibration when doing this.
A friend of mine 'guarantees' that the correct way is to use the battery every time till to drain out, and to give the complete recharge every time.
This was done in NiCad days. Li-Ion batteries do not need this. It will only give you the opportunity to purchase a new battery a lot sooner than you should have to. Tell your friend to read up on Li-Ion batteries.
A detail: I usually work in a G5 it desk top in my office, and I'm using the Macbook more home, fixed.
I use mine this way also. Mine is only unplugged when I calibrate my battery every two months.
Finally, would anybody know better, how can I use my Macbook, in way to prolong the useful life of the battery?
This is what I normally recommend to questions such as this. Please feel free to ask if your unclear on any advice.
It is OK to leave your battery hooked to the charger most of the time. The only time I unhook mine from the charger is when I calibrate. Have you calibrated your batteryyet? You should calibrate every two months or so to keep the battery fully functioning. If you use your MacBook infrequently, it’s best to re-calibrate the battery at least once a month.
- - -
Calibrate the battery in your MacBook or MacBook Pro every month or two to keep your battery functioning at its fullest capacity.
To calibrate the battery:
  1. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
   2. Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
   3. Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery's charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
   4. Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery's charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
   5. Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
   6. Reconnect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.
Repeat the calibration process every two months or so to keep the battery fully functioning. If you use your MacBook or MacBook Pro infrequently, it’s best to recalibrate the battery at least once a month.
- - -

Abs

fLavio fArgas
- - -