[Mac-BR] manutenção de desempenho macbook pro

Marcel Maurício marcel.wiskecidu em gmail.com
Sexta Junho 1 09:48:13 PDT 2012

UP! na thread novamente só para citar um fato importante que encontrei em
um dos comentários de um SSD no Amazon sobre TRIM no OSX:
OSX INSTRUCTIONS (credit in comments):
------------------------------------
Now, you may have been told (by Apple) that TRIM is only supported with
Apple-installed SSDs. This is categorically not true. For posterity, I am
adding the commands you can use in OSX Lion to allow for 3rd-party TRIM
enabling for your new Mushkin SSD.

Important notes:
1) The information below is for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. I am NOT
responsible for any problems incurred.
2) This is ONLY to be used on OSX Lion 10.7.X
3) This is ONLY to be used on a TRIM enabled SSD, such as this Mushkin
drive.

Ok, let's start.

Step 1: Open up Terminal (if you don't know what that is, do NOT proceed)
Step 2: In terminal type (copy paste):

sudo cp
/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage
/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.original

Step 3: Hit enter
Step 4: In terminal type (copy paste):

sudo perl -pi -e 's|
(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}
(\x00{1,20}\x51)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg'
/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Step 5: Hit enter
Step 6: In terminal type (copy paste):

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Step 7: Hit enter (and wait for up to 15 seconds)

And you're done! To check whether you have succeeded, go to About this Mac
- More Info - System Report - SerialATA - and click on your SSD drive. Trim
Support should now show as enabled, or "yes". Many thanks to Grant Pannell
for posting this on his website (linked below in comments)!

Fonte:
http://www.amazon.com/Mushkin-Chronos-2-5-Inch-Solid-MKNSSDCR240GB/dp/B005D0AE8K/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1338568752&sr=1-2

Espero que alguém possa se utilizar deste recurso.

--
Marcel Mauricio
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcelmfa